*GRACELAND INSIDERS DISCOUNT DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS ITEM*
During the Grand Opening weekend of The Guest House at Graceland resort hotel, guests of the sold-out celebration, along with other Elvis fans and collectors, will raise their paddles to bid in hopes of going home with a piece of Elvis and music history, during a special " Auction at Graceland" to be held on Saturday, October 29, 2016.
- 140 pages plus a 4 page cover
- Dimensions: 8 1/2 x 10 7/8
- Full color printing throughout
Online bidding is now open for this auction, which will feature the "Aqua Blue Vine" jumpsuit Elvis wore on stage in 1973-74, estimated at $250,000 - $350,000; Elvis' 1956 application for Screen Actors Guild, estimated at $10,000 - $15,000; as well as an historic collection of Sun Records artifacts from members of the "Million Dollar Quartet", several distinctive pieces of Elvis' jewelry including his Lion Head ring, estimated at $15,000 - $20,000, and other artifacts that once belonged to, or were worn or signed by Elvis Presley. Four pieces of jewelry once personally owned by Lisa Marie Presley (not from the Graceland Archives) will also be auctioned with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation, launching a new Graceland Auctions initiative where fans and collectors can now contribute a portion of the proceeds from the sale of their artifacts to the Foundation. The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation was formed by Graceland/Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. in 1984 to continue Elvis' own tradition of generosity and community service, and to honor his memory, by supporting outstanding Memphis-based charitable organizations. Graceland Auctions participants will now have the opportunity to contribute to this legacy of giving through this new initiative.
The Auction at Graceland will be held Saturday, October 29 at 3:00 p.m. Central in the new 464-seat state-of-the-art theater in The Guest House at Graceland, and online at GracelandAuctions.com. Every artifact is authenticated by Graceland Authenticated, LLC. All of the items in the auction will be offered from third-party collectors and none of the items will come from the treasured Graceland Archives. The mansion and all artifacts in the Graceland Archives continue to be owned by Lisa Marie Presley and are not for sale.
Other auction highlights include:
- Complete Set of Elvis Presley's Fingerprints on 1970 Beverly Hills Police Department Application for Permit to Carry a Concealed Weapon. Estimate: $30,000 - 40,000
- Original 1954 Record Stamper for Sun Records 209, Elvis Presley's "That's All Right." Estimate: $30,000 - 40,000
- Original 1954 Record Stamper for Sun Records 209, Elvis Presley's "Blue Moon of Kentucky." Estimate: $20,000 - 30,000
- Set of three Sun Record Company Checks for Elvis Presley, Scotty Moore and Bill Black as payment for a recording session on November 15, 1954 for "I'm Left, You're Right, My Baby's Gone." Estimate: $20,000 - 25,000
- 1971 Elvis Presley Owned and Worn Diamond and Gold Cameo Ring Gifted to Janelle McComb. Estimate: $30,000 - 40,0000
- Sparkling 10+ carat Diamond Bulgari Engagement Ring gifted to Lisa Marie from Nicolas Cage. Estimate: $100,000 - 150,000
- 1954 Sun Records 209 Unplayed 45 Single of Elvis Presley's "That's All Right" Estimate: $8,000 - 10,000
Featured highlights of the auction artifacts will be available for viewing in the Elvis Presley Automobile Museum beginning Monday, October 17 through Thursday, October 27, 2016 and at The Guest House at Graceland on Friday, October 28 and Saturday, October 29, 2016 - the day of the auction.